Factual’s mission is to make data accessible to everyone. We believe that high quality, accurate data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, and organization. To make this goal a reality, we end up taking on unusual problems with small, focused teams made up of highly motivated people.
At Factual, we value consumer privacy and have designed our business to reflect that. We are looking for a Privacy Manager to join our team. In this role, you will serve as the organization’s primary internal privacy resource. You will collaborate closely with legal counsel to identify potential privacy challenges and drive solutions. You will advise the Product, Engineering, Legal, and Revenue teams about privacy laws and best practices. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about our business from every angle and think critically to solve complex privacy challenges. You will have a significant impact on Factual’s success.
You have strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail. You are passionate about data and privacy policies. You thrive in tackling challenges in a dynamic tech-focused environment. You should be able to successfully influence key partners within Factual.
- Maintain a high degree of privacy awareness across Factual and be an overall champion for privacy issues within the organization.
- Work alongside product and engineering teams to instill privacy-by-design and administer Privacy Impact Assessment (PIAs).
- Stay up-to-date on applicable privacy laws and monitor development in privacy and information security technologies and advise the executive team.
- Administer company-wide privacy trainings and prepare training documentation.
- Partner with outside counsel to ensure appropriate privacy provisions are included in contracts.
- Revise privacy policies and internal procedures as the company and its products evolve.
- Build and administer processes for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and addressing internal or external inquiries and any complaints concerning Factual’s practices, in coordination with other relevant departments.
- You may interact with governmental agencies on breach reporting, investigations, inspections and audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-5 years of experience in privacy, technical/engineering or AdTech experience preferred
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong project management and reporting experience
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities as needed
- IAPP certification preferred