Factual is a data company comprised of many different teams that help utilize and deliver our extensive data set to the world. We are seeking a full-time designer to join our team. In this role, you will design materials to support our products; whether it is internal training collateral or external client-facing materials. You will create designs that tell the Factual story, advocate our brand, and build brand awareness in our competitive field. You will be an internal brand ambassador for our organization and help design for our internal events coordinator and recruiting teams.
In this position, you will pull from your wealth of knowledge of traditional graphic design to craft print collateral, environmental graphics, swag items and more interactive projects: UI elements, web campaign ads, product design mock-ups for testing (MVPs).
We are looking for a super collaborative individual with the ability to work with teams across Factual, from the revenue teams to product and engineering. You are a strong multi-tasker that can switch between projects quickly and iterate efficiently. You feel confident presenting your work and receiving feedback from external and internal clients. You thrive in a rapidly changing environment and are happy to wear many ‘hats’ at once.
You are enthusiastic about the technology industry. Previous experience in this field and software product experience is a big advantage. You can adhere to strict brand guidelines and receive mentorship while at the same time confidently present new ideas and have concept design experience. Experience in wire frame and A/B testing is an asset. We value organized, self-starters that are excited to pitch in help wherever you can.
- 5-8 years experience preferred (agency/in-house)
- Experience working with templates as well as basic knowledge of how to set up a complete working template file for scalability (i.e., you can create an INDD template from scratch along with setting full asset library and character/paragraph styles)
- Must have experience designing full campaign designs such as invites, banners, on-site environmental graphics, presentations and branded swag items for events
- You have worked in rapidly changing, start-up environments
- Experience with user testing, knowing how to research and develop ideas solo as well as with other team members (great at iterating and receiving/giving feedback)
- You have designed print collateral and can provide examples of work that you have created and owned from concept to print production (i.e., you know how to proof and can handle PMS versus 4-color print jobs)
- Prototype experience preferred (ie: InVision, MarvelApp)
- Solid background with concept process: mood board, wire frame creating, prototyping and MVP creation is a plus
- Draw custom vector illustrations for use on web and print
- Design complete campaigns for marketing events (i.e., print banners, invites, swag items) and online marketing needs such as email campaigns and social media needs
- Design product-specific collateral and work in close collaboration with product marketing team members to ensure graphics aid in their overall content messaging
- Assist in crafting internal items for our office events coordinator and people operations teams
- Mock up designs when Product/Engineering teams needs assistance or for presentation purposes
- Own and build cohesive presentations working alongside content managers and stakeholders (i.e., public-facing client presentations, pitch decks, event presentations)
- Work alongside Art Director to adhere to all brand guidelines and implement new visual language when occasions arise (i.e., when new creative initiatives are born, bespoke design projects, etc.)
- Perform competitive research and make appropriate design suggestions based on context of project and scope of work
- Exceptional vector illustration skills (MUST have flat vector style illustration work available to view in portfolio)
- Complete fluency between RGB and CMYK workspaces. Must be able to manage all files used across web and print without hesitation
- Excellent mock/spec skills (i.e., clean, labeled, organized working layered files) with clear formatting to direct any visual direction
- Zeplin + Sketch programs experience a bonus
- Must have at least 5 years print design experience (Full fluency across AI, PS, and INDD and know standard methodologies for each individual program, i.e., how to package files in each different program, export for web vs. print, etc.)
- Highly efficient; you can work across multiple ticketed projects every single day without hesitation. Ability to switch between web projects and print projects easily.
- Succinct communication skills
- Able to project handle your tickets and set fair, realistic expectations
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge of taking projects to print and deep understanding of proofing process (can articulate edits and adjustments directly to different vendors)
- Video and animation skills are a plus